PrimeTime Sports and Entertainment organizes and hosts the leading Sports Management Conference in Canada each year.
Drawing from its substantial network of contacts within the field of sports and entertainment, PrimeTime assembles an impressive list of speakers and delegates in Toronto each November for a two-day conference, where industry leaders meet to discuss and debate the latest challenges facing the business of sports.
The 2009 Sports Management Conference, presented by Jet Ice, was held on November 9 and 10 at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS FOR 2009 INCLUDED:
- Anthony Agnone, Certified NFL Player Agent, Eastern Athletics
- Dave Andrews, President, American Hockey League
- Tom Anselmi, Executive Vice President, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment
- Gord Ash, V.P. & Assistant G.M., Milwaukee Brewers
- Don Baizley, Partner, Thompson Dorfman
- Doug Beeforth, President, Rogers SportsNet
- Richard Berthelsen, General Counsel, National Football League Players Association
- Gary Bettman, Commissioner, National Hockey League
- Steve Bienkowski, Governor & C.O.O., Kitchener Rangers Hockey Club
- Rick Brace, President of Revenue, Business Planning and Sports - CTV
- David Branch, President-CHL/Commissioner-OHL
- Brian Burke, President and General Manager, Toronto Maple Leafs
- Jennifer Burke, Anchor, CTV News Channel
- George Chayka, V.P, Business Operations, B.C. Lions
- Mark Chipman, Chairman, True North Sports & Entertainment
- Mark Cohon, Commissioner, Canadian Football League
- Bryan Colangelo, President and General Manager , Toronto Raptors
- Bill Daly, Deputy Commissioner, National Hockey League
- George Daniel, Commissioner , National Lacrosse League
- Jim Devellano, Vice President, Detroit Tigers/Detroit Red Wings
- James Duthie, Broadcast Host, TSN
- Josh Epstein, RBC Olympic Sponsorship
- Donald Fehr, Executive Director, Major League Baseball Players Association
- Steven Fehr, Outside Counsel, Major League Baseball Players Association
- John Ferguson, Director of Pro Scouting, San Jose Sharks
- Peter Gall, Partner, Heenan Blaikie
- Paul Godfrey, President, Toronto Blue Jays
- Clark Griffith, Commissioner, Northern Baseball League
- Randy Hendricks, Registered Player Agent MLB, Hendricks Sports Management
- David Hopkinson, Senior Vice President-Corporate and Community Partnerships, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment
- Rick Horrow, Founder & C.E.O., Horrow Sports Ventures
- Harley Hotchkiss, Former Chairman, N.H.L. Board of Governors
- Billy Hunter, Executive Director, NBAPA/WNBPA
- Robert Hunter, Exec. V.P. of Facilities & Entertainment, M.L.S.E.
- Ron Klempner, Associate Counsel, NBA Players Association
- Gordon Kirke Q.C. - Sports Law Professor
- Larry Landon, Executive Director, Professional Hockey Players Association
- Mike Liut, Cert. Player Agent, Octagon Athlete Representation
- Dr. Lynn Lashbrook, President, Sports Management Worldwide
- Chris Lencheski, CEO of PhoeniciaSport, Owner SKI Motorsports - NASCAR
- Peter Luukko, President, Philadelphia Flyers/Philadelphia 76ers
- Ron MacLean, Host, Hockey Night in Canada
- Steve McAllister, Sports Editor, Globe & Mail
- EJ McGuire, Director of NHL Central Scouting
- Keith McIntyre, President, KMac & Associates Marketing Inc.
- Don Meehan, Partner, Newport Sports
- Paul Melia, President and CEO, Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sports
- Nelson Millman, General Manager The Fan 590
- Scott Mitchell, President, Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Scott Moore, Director of CBC Sports
- Pat Morris, Partner, Newport Sports
- Bernie Mullin, Principal, The Aspire Group
- Barry Munro, Chairman, Shoot for a Cure
- Bob Nicholson, President, Toronto Argonauts
- Brian Ohl, General Manager, John Labatt Centre
- Anne Ottenbrite, Olympic Gold Medallist/Coach
- Mike Ouellet, Chief of Business Affairs, NHLPA
- Jeff Pash, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, National Football League
- Richard Peddie, President and CEO, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment
- Dr. Paul Piccininni, International Ice Hockey Federation-Medical Committee
- Chris Polian, Vice President of Football Operations, Indianapolis Colts
- Dan Quinn, Managing Director, NFL Canada
- Graeme Roustan - Chairman, Bauer Hockey
- John Shannon, Television Broadcast Executive
- Dana Sinclair, Partner, Human Performance International
- Glenn Stanford, President & Governor, Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club
- Bob Stellick, President & C.E.O., Stellick Marketing & Communications
- Gord Stellick, Rogers Sportsnet
- Jody Vance, Leafs TV
- Brad Watters, President, Toronto Rock Lacrosse Club
- Jackie Wedley, V.P., BFL Canada
- Tom Whaley, Executive Vice President, St. Paul Saints Baseball Club
- Trevor Whiffen, Governor, London Knights
PANEL DISCUSSIONS FOR 2009 CONFERENCE INCLUDED:
- Franchise re-locations: Who decides when a franchise can move, and what are the legal and economic considerations.
- Broadcast News and the Media: Attracting new properties, controlling expenditures and maximizing media opportunities.
- Team Operations: Growing franchise values in a world of multi-sport competition, revenue challenges, and financial re-structuring.
- Legal Issues in the World of Sports: Protecting your league, teams and players in a litigious environment.
- The Commissioners Roundtable: Charting a critical path for the next ten years.
- Drug Testing: Educating leagues, teams and players on the signs, symptoms and possible suspensions.
- Player Associations: Navigating salary caps, arbitrations, grievances, free agency, and player rights.
- Creative Marketing Strategies: How to grow your revenue base and increase sponsorships in a struggling economy.
- Small Market Teams: Making the most of a smaller corporate base in a secondary market.
- Alternative Revenue Streams: Innovative strategies for driving additional dollars through the door.
- Athlete Evaluations: Predicting which players will help your team long after Draft Day.
- Player Agents Roundtable: Getting the best deal for your player in the face of salary caps, shrinking revenues, and restrictions on player movement.
Downloads are in PDF format. If you do not have a PDF reader installed click here to download Adobe Reader.